denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mister Freedom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 477478479480481 759>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ishmael View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ishmael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 6:29pm
Hinoya in Ameyoko, Junky in Ryogoku, Mushmans in BFE.
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 5:17pm
smoothsailor View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote smoothsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 6:25am
reno shirt

dislectic
Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 4:42pm
My favorite winter jacket.

johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 4:56pm
^👋👌
John B
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 5:10pm
Broark- write us a little review of that jacket.

I looked at that and the Cabon Midnight pea coat over the weekend, and really liked both in person. The color of the Blouson was especially nice- I thought in some of the pics I'd seen it looked potentially creepily flesh colored, but irl aeemed pleasantly a bit darker and slightly olive.
Cormacaroni View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cormacaroni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 5:35pm
I am looking very seriously at the Caban right now. I gather from the preceding 500-odd pages that most bros have already picked up a midnight pea coat, or no longer care. I was not around for those early days, sadly, so feel this may be my last chance at one. How many pea coats does a man need, though? Also looking hard at the M1941 Melton utility jacket...the fabric reminds me of the FW CPO, at least in pics...
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 2:07am
NOS Buckaroos size 32 on Yahoo, listed a few hours ago starting at $250, 3 day listing.

johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 6:03am
I have a pair of worn once 31 Buckaroos I'm looking to size up or sell if anyone wants them
John B
Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by mr randal mr randal wrote:

Broark- write us a little review of that jacket.

Sure thing!
The Blouson de Quart is one of my favorite clothing items I own, it's only a shame that I don't get to wear it very much given where I live. I had been looking for a deck-style jacket in a nice shade of kaki/olive and came across this one last year and it caught my eye right off the bat. 
The jungle cloth shell outer is quite nice (I'd really love some pants made out of it) and very wind resistant. Temperatures rarely drop below 40 or 30 degrees here but it is a pretty windy city so when it is chilly and windy this is my goto coat. 
The alpaca pile lining is very plush and thick and not at all itchy. Initially I was worried about the arms getting itchy (they are lined all the way to the cuff) as sometimes I'll wear this jacket with a short sleeve shirt on underneath, but I have not had any issues with this at all so far. 
The corduroy lined collar is a nice touch to contrast with the color of the jungle cloth, and practically it is a nice hight when popped up to protect my neck from the wind. The teardrop-shaped pockets are also lined with corduroy and are positioned in a natural, ergonomic height and angle.
The jacket also has brown wool knit cuffs hidden underneath the jungle cloth shell so all heat stays inside the jacket. Heat and insulation is also insured with the waist cinch, making it a very practical jacket in regards to warmth.
My favorite feature is probably the hook closure system. The coat also has a zipper underneath the hooks, hidden underneath another flap of jungle cloth. I think the hooks just look unique and have some nice matte black paint on them which starts to chip away with wear.
The measurements for this jacket are a little misleading due to the thickness of the alpaca lining. I went with a 44 and while I could've easily taken a 42 for a slimmer profile I much prefer having room to wear layers underneath and I also like having some more room in the shoulders too. The overall fit is very nice, a jacket I'll wear every winter for the foreseeable future.
Here's a picture of me wearing the jacket yesterday:

I have been thinking about the Caban peacoat for awhile now, but I've been on the fence due to the fact that I really don't need any more jackets. I also don't know how the peacoat style would look on me, since I've never owned one or even as much as tried one on. I'd love to see some fit pictures of the new one if any other Bros have them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 477478479480481 759>
  Share Topic