denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mister Freedom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 235236237238239 759>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hoggreaser View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoggreaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 4:33am
Mctoad I do not believe that you have anything to apologise for in the least.

Interest in who manufactures for who is not limited or singular to Mr Freedom. For example, consider the RRL Engineer boots; numerous articles in discussion over the manufacturer - noted to have been Julian Imrie originally, and then Rios.. and this is just one example. Some people are interested. I am one.

There doesn't seem to be any secret in the relationship between MF and Toyo for instance, yet any question over the brand that is perceived as intrusive seems to cause a stir. I can't be bothered with it. Out.

Edited by hoggreaser - 12 Feb 2014 at 4:42am
rotten03 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotten03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 4:58am
Wow. That was unexpected. We're all adults and we're free to be curious about what we want to be curious about. If two people want to speculate as to who made a boot, no one can stop them. Jeez.

Originally posted by MisterFreedom MisterFreedom wrote:

I quite extensively share details/credits/inspiration/descriptions/stories/sources/photos of Mister FreedomĀ® products when launching them.
Who-makes-what isĀ on a need-to-know basis, and no one here needs to know.
We spend a LOT of time educating our suppliers to our standards, specifics and techniques.
Good day.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 5:05am
'Your name vill also go on zee list'.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 5:21am
May i put all this speculation to rest... I was reading a factual account about the manufacture of the RC,s quite recently...
If i can recall..Christophe bought some leather and started making the boots but he was so tired he had to retire to bed... When he awoke in the morning there was a perfect pair of Road Champs on his bench "such teeny tiny stitches" thought Christophe who could have done such a thing? The next night he hid in his changing room and three small elves came in and set to work making the boots. Again.. perfect craftsmanship, people came from miles around to buy the boots. By means of a thank you Christophe made 3 miniature Chaparral Blouses with a 2" chest and 3 pairs of Apache Pantaloons with a 1" inseam. The elves were overjoyed!
Disclaimer... I could of course be wrong but the boots certainly looked like Road Champs in the illustrations.
spork141 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote spork141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 5:22am
I know i might be in the minority here but I can't tell for sure that MF was angry with that comment. He didnt ask us to stop or anything. He used one of those old timey sayings. I wouldn't be shocked either way but Im not so sure of the intent. 
hoggreaser View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hoggreaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 5:28am
Fair point actually Spork. Very fair.

/\ Very good, Double-0!
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 1:19pm
Day 1

John B
topgearskin View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote topgearskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 1:21pm
After 237 pages of interest in the brand, it's obvious we're all interested in Mr Freedom. And that will include wondering who made a pair of boots. To say no-one here needs to know, does make the poster come across as a sea-hunt. I'm sure we'll all take a view on that exchange.

Great boots, irrespective of who made them.

johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 1:23pm
John B
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 1:24pm
Day 1 Sportsman Jacket

John B
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 235236237238239 759>
  Share Topic