denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mister Freedom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 759>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hoggreaser View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoggreaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 11:43pm
Who makes these boots for MF, both these Trooper boots and the current Road Champs?
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 12:26am
wow, those boots are beautiful. lovely shape to 'em.
SLAB2 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLAB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 1:42am
I always assumed Julian made the RC's?
kcobain123 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcobain123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 2:32am
Originally posted by SLAB2 SLAB2 wrote:

it seems the old and new version of RC is quite different in their shape and leather (weight) 
i am not sure whether the new RC is still made by Julian 
Ishmael View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ishmael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 2:41am
Originally posted by VintageEngineerBoots VintageEngineerBoots wrote:

What's the story behind the cuff? Never seen that before....
hoggreaser View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoggreaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 6:26am
Originally posted by kcobain123 kcobain123 wrote:

Originally posted by SLAB2 SLAB2 wrote:

it seems the old and new version of RC is quite different in their shape and leather (weight) 
i am not sure whether the new RC is still made by Julian 

That's what I read, although I can't find the article / post now.

From the product page, the Troopers are made in California - I wonder whether by the same people as the Road Champs. Same last so perhaps so. There can't be that many small firms in California, certainly that remain unknown, I wonder who they are.
kevinwalks View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinwalks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 7:54am
Are Lot 44s vanity sized, or do they fit actual waist measurements? I'm talking preshrink.
illumin8em View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illumin8em Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 8:13am
edited so to not misinform or stir. apologies

Edited by illumin8em - 11 Feb 2014 at 7:25pm
hollywoodisgood View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollywoodisgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 8:21am
Originally posted by kevinwalks kevinwalks wrote:

Are Lot 44s vanity sized, or do they fit actual waist measurements? I'm talking preshrink.

They shrink to tagged size. So when raw, they ware 1.5-2 inches bigger.
Mctoad View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mctoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 2:14pm
When I went to get my Julian boots in December from the Julian boots people they said they were just coming from a meeting with Christophe about a new boot they were working on. I described the Trooper boot and they said yes that's the one. This doesn't necessarily mean they make it but I think it's a strong indication that they probably at least had something to do with it but you never know, people say all kinds of stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 759>
  Share Topic