denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mister Freedom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 739740741742743 759>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by belopsky belopsky wrote:

Does anyone know what the status of Road Champs is right now? I'm in the market for a pair of engineer boots.

I was going to get the Red Wing 2966 but they were sold out so now I am thinking of making a leap to Viberg, Lofgren, Flat Head or Road Champs.

Wesco maybe too? Sizing is scary, trying to get it right on first try too.. but I'm digressing

I heard from someone recently that they may be in by December/January.  I obviously cannot be sure of this, though. 
belopsky View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belopsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 4:48pm
I'm not too familiar with Wesco or that specific model. Is it an unstructured toebox?
attackwithstones View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote attackwithstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 12:09am
unstructured with a Motor Patrol Toe. I love mine. I also have the Road Champs and both look fucking great side by side. 
Sell me your Mister Freedom stuff. :)
drew View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by belopsky belopsky wrote:

Does anyone know what the status of Road Champs is right now? I'm in the market for a pair of engineer boots.

I was going to get the Red Wing 2966 but they were sold out so now I am thinking of making a leap to Viberg, Lofgren, Flat Head or Road Champs.

Wesco maybe too? Sizing is scary, trying to get it right on first try too.. but I'm digressing

As of last week or so there was a pair of brown 10.5 at the store
WTB MF XL XXL 36 38 ripped torn worn stained altered or otherwise
Double_R_AL View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double_R_AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 9:20am
I've been in the market for engineers for a while and this may be a noob question but what makes the road champ so special? Besides the obvious look of the boot, why is it that they're so hard to come by and that they make them so sparingly? 
Blood&Thunder View Drop Down

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blood&Thunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 12:55pm
When comparing to other boots in the same price bracket, like Lofgrens, the answer is really nothing.  When you are talking about $1,000 boots it's really just a matter of preference.  Since were not talking about high fashion brands really the only companies making $1,000 engineers have proven their salt and ultimately you can't really go wrong with any of them.  It just boils down to buyer preference.  With regards to production I suspect it has to do with their boots being made by a fairly small outfit that also has other orders to fill.  Combining that with high demand makes them hard to get hold of without just getting on the waitlist.

johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 11:08am

Update on my Lawrence Jacket which has seen plenty of hot sun this past summer. Looking forward to wearing it again over the coming months once the temps drop down.
John B
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 12:10pm
Very nice!!
dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 10:51pm
Beautiful, John! Makes me want to hang up my sunset outside.
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 9:58am
Thank you gents. The summer has been hot & long & this jacket has generally been getting 3 days of tanning per week. I’m particularly pleased with the way the original colors of the vintage Kilim rug have faded with the sun. The indigo in particular is a gorgeous hue.
John B
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 739740741742743 759>
  Share Topic