FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Role Club by Brian The Bootmaker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 40>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Lordjon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lordjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Role Club by Brian The Bootmaker
    Posted: 09 May 2020 at 11:42am
My beloved Role Clubs with well worn soles.

johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 5:12am
Role Club Lace to toe boots #1/ of 25 made
John B
belopsky View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belopsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 4:15am
slick. What are those?
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 8:30am
John B
Lordjon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lordjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Stanier Stanier wrote:

I got my Lone Wolfs back from Brian yesterday. By a strange quirk of fate my job has had me in LA for a few days (never been anywhere near California or the west coast in my life before!) and I went to Brian’s shop to pick my resoled boots up. Would love to have chatted to Brian but I had two colleagues with me who just don’t get this stuff.

Anyway initial thoughts were that I was over the moon with the resole. They looked stunning as Brian showed me them and it felt like a long wait before I was able to get them back to my hotel room for a proper look. I had the boots resoled with the light edge finish and re-lasted on Brian’s RC1940 last with unstructured toe box. Brian’s work and craftsmanship is beyond stunning. Every positive comment I’ve read is spot on and I can’t say enough good things. Seriously, if you like authentic vintage Americana engineer boots you can’t go wrong with Role Club. Every detail is bang on and no compromise.

My only negative (and I’m not sure that’s the right word) comment is my Lone Wolfs (which we’re previously quite a sloppy fit) are now extremely tight (and I mean tight) around the instep area and ball width area) I had a battle getting them on at first and once on they felt like a brand new pair of boots that need some very serious breaking in! Strangely getting them off (which was worrying me!) wasn’t a problem, and over the 20 minutes or so I had them on they started to loosen up somewhat. I hope that process continues!! this experience was all with thin dress socks too and I’ve got some thicker Chup boot socks waiting at home!😳

I will post a few pics for anyone interested. I tried now but from my iPhone the size is too big but i’ll have another go from my laptop later. Cheers Chris

PS, I can’t wait for next May and my new full pair of Role Clubs, but I must talk to Brian about this tightness!

I don't like the profile of the Lone Wolfs too much, too round at the tip and the shape of the heel didn't like me too much, but the new look they have is stunning, perfect for me, I love them. You have an awesome new pair of boots.
Stanier View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Stanier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 5:32am
Stanier View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Stanier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 5:30am

A couple of pics
Stanier View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Stanier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 5:01am
I got my Lone Wolfs back from Brian yesterday. By a strange quirk of fate my job has had me in LA for a few days (never been anywhere near California or the west coast in my life before!) and I went to Brian’s shop to pick my resoled boots up. Would love to have chatted to Brian but I had two colleagues with me who just don’t get this stuff.

Anyway initial thoughts were that I was over the moon with the resole. They looked stunning as Brian showed me them and it felt like a long wait before I was able to get them back to my hotel room for a proper look. I had the boots resoled with the light edge finish and re-lasted on Brian’s RC1940 last with unstructured toe box. Brian’s work and craftsmanship is beyond stunning. Every positive comment I’ve read is spot on and I can’t say enough good things. Seriously, if you like authentic vintage Americana engineer boots you can’t go wrong with Role Club. Every detail is bang on and no compromise.

My only negative (and I’m not sure that’s the right word) comment is my Lone Wolfs (which we’re previously quite a sloppy fit) are now extremely tight (and I mean tight) around the instep area and ball width area) I had a battle getting them on at first and once on they felt like a brand new pair of boots that need some very serious breaking in! Strangely getting them off (which was worrying me!) wasn’t a problem, and over the 20 minutes or so I had them on they started to loosen up somewhat. I hope that process continues!! this experience was all with thin dress socks too and I’ve got some thicker Chup boot socks waiting at home!😳

I will post a few pics for anyone interested. I tried now but from my iPhone the size is too big but i’ll have another go from my laptop later. Cheers Chris

PS, I can’t wait for next May and my new full pair of Role Clubs, but I must talk to Brian about this tightness!

Fre-co View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fre-co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

Originally posted by EaseDownTheRoad EaseDownTheRoad wrote:

Neal there is a fella in London called Felix Jouanneau who does does nice looking boot repairs/rebulids, you could maybe contact him and see if he can resurrect your LW's.

Brilliant!

fre-co is this^ the guy you've used? any idea of costs?

There was once a time that i would have stressed over the details.. Cat's Paw as a basic necessity, neat welt, thread guage, perfectly spaced stitch work... nowadays i think i'm past all that malarkey, i'd be happy with a wearable pair of boots.

Sorry for the slow response, I am currently road tripping in the pacific north west.

Yep. No complaints from me on my Toys McCoy re-welt and resole. That was about £200 and I had a pair of Aldens done which was about £180 I think. Standard resole is cheaper, both mine were hand welted because the original wels were crap. 

He has Dr sole half soles which are a great cats paw substitute. 
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Stanier Stanier wrote:

Thanks DoS. Sadly I've tried at least half a dozen tomes in 2019 to use the contact info (email and online form) on the American Biltrite site, offering to buy a case or more of Cats Paw soles and never have I got one single reply. Even one just saying they won't ship to the UK. So deeply disappointed sadly.

They probably cater more for commercial buyers, ive just had a quick scoot around the www for you... well mainly me.

A pair of half soles here for £85

Heels here for £7.50

Sized for me im afraid, but y'know they're out there...
I'll endorse anything for cash
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 40>
  Share Topic