Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denim Progress

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 26>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 6:03am
Originally posted by Duke Duke wrote:

Yep, pinned it then sewed around the frayed opening (I’d already cut away most the worn area to tidy it up), then sewed around the wabash piece.

Sewing is something I’m useless at - except buttons, I’m fucking brilliant with buttons for some weird reason. Even to the point I’ll sit and take buttons off a new garment and sew them all back on properly

Nice patchwork, Duke. 

Also, don't downplay the importance of knowing how to properly attach a button.  Different buttons require different techniques and knowing that can improve how they look and function when attached to the garment.

Pro-tip: If you have a particularly difficult area to access using pins or if you need to assure absolute accuracy of alignment (think zipper installation/replacement), two-sided wash-away tape (e.g. Prym's Wonder Tape) is your new BFF.
HP Sauce
oomslokop View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote oomslokop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 8:23pm
in this case it has taken +- 5 years, but cone does deliver (i know i know, preaching to the converted here):

rakuten is entertainment
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:33pm
Beautiful!
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:33pm
Good work old friend

I'll get the 'progress trophy' inscribed and send it your way.
Terminator View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by smoothsailor smoothsailor wrote:

timeworn clothing lot 147 close to 2yrs of wear, plenty of washes

Speaking of evolution, did that Ace belt start out black?
smoothsailor View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smoothsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 11:23am
yes, I think I have been wearing the ace belt for about 5yrs
dislectic
Terminator View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 12:40pm
It looks great. Since it’s only easy to buy Ace belts in either black and russet/natural, black is a lot more attractive to me once it goes tea core like this.
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 4:00am

Lot601XX 1951 - maybe about 5 or 6 months of irregular wear

Not washed yet
denimsince65 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote denimsince65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 4:09am
Excellent fades, there, Duke.

I wish I had the self-control to not wash my jeans!
www.wabashtees.com
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 4:11am
These came one wash anyway DS - but they’re just about to be thrown into the machine. I wasn’t experimenting with fades and all that nonsense, I was just being lazy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 26>
  Share Topic