Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sugar Cane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 82>
Author
ADMIN
ADMIN
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote hollows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 8:58am
Here's my best effort to capture an update on the SC Oki Rainbows

Very hard to photograph, but lots of green, yellow, and red bits showing on the front of the thighs
I make things out of leather.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:41am
Any chance of posting the same pic showing the Rainbow Oki from last year alongside for comparison?

x
drew View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 12:21pm
Well done hollows!
WTB MF XL XXL 36 38 ripped torn worn stained altered or otherwise
toolonginexile View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolonginexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

I have owned both the pairs that you speak of in the same size 33" folks say they are both a 47 cut but not in my experience. The SC47 is a true 47cut and is the most flattering of all the SC cuts. The Hawaii is more fitted around the hip/ass than the Oki....

I posted this^ back in this same thread the last time this subject was broached and i noted the more fitted ass of the Hawaii which is in full agreement with Charles wedgie claim on the previous page.

In regard to mr randal having a fat belly and sparrow legs i really couldn't comment.

Hi im new here, but was glad to see this post. Ive had my eye on a pair of okis for a while b/c I think the 50/50 make up is unique.  I have hesitated to this point b/c  the i had to sell my pair of SC 47's because i thought the hip flare was a bit excessive....even though im skinny.  I think SC is at the point of being underrated even though they have been around a while.  Not as flashy as some of the newcomers but the quality cannot be beat...

Anyway after that long winded rant, is it safe to say the Okis fit a bit smaller then the SC 47s (original model)
HPA REP View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HPA REP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 1:22pm
Welcome aboard!

I have now worn about a dozen 47s and three Okis in the last twelve years, plus I've handled and tried on more than I can recall, and it's been my opinion that the '47s don't vary much from batch to batch nor do the Okis.  There are quite a few pics of me wearing '47s in the "shops" section of this forum, which are size 29, and I have no issues with the hip flare, but that's subjective.  All of my Okis are also size 29 and I find the fit to be almost the same as the 47 but a bit leaner in the leg and thigh; my Okis are my faves of my Sugar Cane jeans.  I've yet to take the plunge on the Type II '47, but the temptation does exist.

While measurements can indeed tell you something about the fit and which you can derive from many websites, including mine, we all have unique desires and builds, so trying a pair on in conjunction with good feedback from members on forums such as this is really the best way to proceed.

If you are as skinny as you seem to be suggesting, I don't know if getting something too hugging is worse than getting something loose, as one shows your thinness while the other hides it but also accentuates it via the excess fabric.  

I hope some of this was helpful, now let's see what others have to say ...
Charles DiSipio
History Preservation Associates
Cherry Hill, NJ USA
Ph: 856-489-8103
Fx: 856-489-8104
E: fragen@historypreservation.com
www.historypreservation.com
Boyo View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Boyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 6:12pm
^ this is why I read Denimbro!!    Holy fuck Double O, that's some well researched information and beautifully explained...
The Jerry View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 10:56pm
Great post Double 0! 
I would love to learn more about Sugar Cane's history
Duke Mantee View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Mantee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 11:39pm
Really interesting and informative stuff Mr Soul - thank you.
Flash View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 6:36am
great post mate ,   almost picked a M41119 up a few weeks back 
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 8:19am
That really is wonderful, O2!

Very interesting to see the early history of the repro game poked into. If I read you right, SC had basically a LVC '55 (their '47) and '37 cut pre-1997, which sheds light on levis decision to offer a '55 & '37 cut along with the 551zxx for LVC's initial releases in '96...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 82>
  Share Topic