denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you eating today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spork141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 6:28am
Help me out 00. Are those toast sticks? My Americaness might be getting in the way. 

Also great salt and pepper shakers.
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 8:59am
They are referred to as 'soldiers', Spork. Cut that way so you can dip them in your 'chukkie egg'.
spork141 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote spork141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 9:31am
Ah. Thank you CSL. I looked it up. Makes sense to me. I am a big proper breakfast fan myself and I want to try it

Of course this is in stark contrast to the american style breakfast which is usually about a pound of scrambled eggs, 2 pounds of buttered potatoes (home fries), ketchup, hot sauce, coffee, followed by sitting on our couch, loosening our belts, and blaming it all on Obama. 

Actually both options appeal to me equally Tongue

CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 10:22am
Yup. Def worth a try, Spork. A simple boiled egg can be surprisingly good. Add some salt of course.

We British do have our version of the large breakfast, what they call 'The Full English' these days. Fried eggs, bacon, sausage, baked beans, fried bread...other random things from the frying pan...tomatoes, mushrooms & (if you are a Northerner) the infamous Black Pudding. There's also a concoction of potatoes & cabbage called 'bubble & squeak'...
spork141 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spork141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 11:00am
Originally posted by CSL CSL wrote:

Yup. Def worth a try, Spork. A simple boiled egg can be surprisingly good. Add some salt of course.

We British do have our version of the large breakfast, what they call 'The Full English' these days. Fried eggs, bacon, sausage, baked beans, fried bread...other random things from the frying pan...tomatoes, mushrooms & (if you are a Northerner) the infamous Black Pudding. There's also a concoction of potatoes & cabbage called 'bubble & squeak'...

Yup. I am familiar with the full "English / Irish Breakfasts" and I am a fan (always loved the idea of the tomatoes and beans and never daring enough to go for the black pudding). I gotta stop with this talk though. Only another day until 2017 and im back on nothing but rabbit food for a few weeks at least!

Thanks CSL
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 11:11am
Oh dear! Good luck with those dietary restrictions, Spork. You have my sympathy.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 12:25pm
Thanks spork, i think the cacti are a relic from my Tequila binging days, they remind me never to do it again.

CSL has summed it up perfectly, Try a sprinkling of salt on your buttered toast before cutting it into soldiers rather than continuously seasoning your egg.
White Pudding could be a variation on the theme if blood doesn't appeal but your chances of finding it in the States are slim.

Is black pudding solely a British thing? the Vietnamese joint we go to serves it but they call it 'blood curds' sounds even less appealing! the Szechuan joint across road serves honeycomb (which is tripe) quite an accurate description when you think about it.
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 7:59pm
I remember my parents occasionally eating tripe, trotters & whole black puddings for dinner with vinegar on them. (Not all at once...).
DR FEELGOOD View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR FEELGOOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 4:28am
Semur daging
DarinS. View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarinS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 8:27pm

I had the day off. Rode the train to San Diego and had lunch at Searsucker and did some day drinking.
Okay
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic