Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denim/workwear research
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bandanas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 26>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

"I'm good . I really am. "

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 1:15pm
Just found this after reading this awesome thread. There isn't much branding, but it looks old. Anyone have any info on this?

haler View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote haler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 8:31am
According to Bandanna Almanac, RN numbers started in 1959, so yours is probably 1960s.
roots in the desert.
BAD View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

"I'm good . I really am. "

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 10:10pm
Thank you very much haler! Thumbs Up This is an exciting treasure hunt. Will keep an eye out for bandannas from now on.
haler View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote haler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 9:10am
I've had this Tulside for some time.  The yellow spots are just sun highlights, and not actually present.

Some recent acquisitions.

Pretty sure Hollows has the blue version of this print.

Tiger brand

And this one.
roots in the desert.
Joseph Hill View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joseph Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 4:44pm
I like the pinecones.  Haven't seen that one before.
My coat has nine buttons, but I always fascinate.
BobHufford View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BobHufford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 3:21pm
I recently started collecting USA made bandanas. Cheap, small, useful -- what's not to like? I was visiting my folks and this topic came up somehow. My 82-year-old Mom said "wait a minute" and went to her sewing cabinet and came out with a project she had started years ago. It originally started out as four uncut 4 x 4 panels of circa 1950s "Elephant" bandanas with two patterns. You can see the separating dots where the cuts were to be made.

*lefty* View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote *lefty* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 6:36pm
How it's worn/vintage workwear photos/bandanas

Hanging around Bandit has left me searching eBay for old photos of the things I'd want to own rather than searching for the things themselves

These are all eBay screen grabs

Looks like a Merz

the bandanna almanac View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the bandanna almanac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by The Jerry The Jerry wrote:

I don't know anything about bandanas but I was able to find this one by chance. Can anyone shed some light o it's age? The fact that is has whirling logs make me believe it might be pre -ww2. It is rather small and has no labels,writing etc on it.

Save

Those aren't whirling logs the prints are inconsistent and overlap each other on the cylinder printer, probably a roller for dots and a roller for slashes. I have a bunch of bandannas in that print and none of them are exactly the same. 
bandanna-almanac.com
LazyS View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote LazyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:27pm
my grandfathers and aunts collection

offcenter print

haler View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote haler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 3:17pm
Recently picked up this from Last Chance Textiles. Hand dyed and sewn in LA.

http://www.lastchancetextiles.com/

I should have chosen a better background but it's hot out and I didn't want to be out there too long.
roots in the desert.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 26>
  Share Topic