denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H.D.Lee & co - repros and originals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 68>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colgems1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 12:20pm
killer if you wear a smaller size (40 & under) i have seen them turn up on ebay for very reasonable prices from time to time.
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 12:28pm
yes i do wear a smaller size. there's one on ebay at the moment that looks like a modern lee repro, but it's got a rank wash, and is being sold by that minging slapper from aberdeen who poses in her underwear to model the clothes she's selling. not sure if i could bring myself to buy anything off her tbh. :D

Edited by killer b - 01 Feb 2012 at 12:28pm
colgems1966 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colgems1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 1:04pm
oh yes the 1980's lady. hahaha interesting salesmanship! there is a guy in japan that sells them raw or light wear ones from time to time. i have seen his go for as little as $50+shipping. definately had my attention but it's always smaller sizes and i wear a 46 like Dr. Heech so it's hopeless for me. but i would keep looking because they do show up and usually fly under the radar and attract few bids. hope you get one.  
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by colgems1966 colgems1966 wrote:

oh yes the 1980's lady. hahaha interesting salesmanship! there is a guy in japan that sells them raw or light wear ones from time to time. i have seen his go for as little as $50+shipping. definately had my attention but it's always smaller sizes and i wear a 46 like Dr. Heech so it's hopeless for me. but i would keep looking because they do show up and usually fly under the radar and attract few bids. hope you get one.  

Actually I wear a 42" fitted (such as a suit) but vintage sizes are usually all over the place.  Also, i have broad shoulders, so wear a 19" fairly fitted, 20" loose/comfy - especially if I layer, which i do in the cooler months.  The repro 1934 is perfect, but the 44" reg or long in the 101LJ's are just too tight across the chest (plus they're only 22.5" long down the back - so cold wind-friendly it aint)

Killer b - will keep an eye out for sz 38 or 40's if they come up on greedbay!
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 1:36pm
cheers, you're a gent. Cool
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colgems1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 1:52pm
Dr. i wear a 44 in a suit i've had a few sz48 stormriders but they were too big in the shoulders and gave an 80's oversized look. i do wish my sz46 101lj was a tad bigger but all in all it fits well. i have a sz48 555 506xx  that runs a little big but i think it'll fit nice once all the shrinkage is out. (it's had one hand wash 10yrs back and hasn't been washed since) but i know what you mean about sizes they are all over the place. that carhartt i mentioned is a size 44 from around 1970-71 and is very roomy compared to my stormrider. i also have a canvas carhartt hunting jacket from approx the same time frame in size 46 and it's much more trim than the chore coat.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 2:02pm
Yeah, it's all a bit of a (slighty expensive) learning curve.  That '50's sz 46" one I had, pictured at the start of this thread, the seller said sleeves were 25", like my 60's one's.  They weren't - they were 24", so back on the bay it went.  Spent many years searching for one Ouch - sad to see it go.

In the end, you get to know your measurements (for the time being at least) so go with that.

Looking forward to some pics....
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 2:13pm
my favourite lee item i own isn't jeans at all - it's this shirt/jacket thing i picked up last year for a tenner. made from some indestructible zombie fabric, i guess sometime in the 70s looking at the collar, but you guys may know better.

love the way the pocket flaps are part of the top of the jacket:

fit pic:

Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 2:23pm
Yep, my guess is post '71 judging by the black Lee tab on the pocket flap - probably polyester mix.
Not my style personally, but the fit's good on you - not bad score for a tenner!
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colgems1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 2:47pm
nice DR! love the genuine wool lining and have always been a fan of ufo rivets. my 42' 101b's had steel ufo rivets really different and cool. i sold off most of my Lee collection last year due to various fit issues. all i have now is my 101lj and some lee japan 1952 101z's. sold off 36,42,44 and some 60's geniune  101b's.***i'll look into a photo account and see what i can put up if i can figure how to make it work. i wish i could just attach pic's direct from my computer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 68>
  Share Topic