denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where did your jeans go today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 94>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ranonranonarat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by smoothsailor smoothsailor wrote:

nice one again Double O. I didn't get further than our street today

nice to see you start them kids young!

great pics neal, keep them coming!
faithless, the wonderboy
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 10:33am
Today's escapade... Badger Excavation?
Imagine Wind in the Willows meets Time Team... It'll all make sense shortly.

Into the woodland

The pungent aroma of Wild Garlic fills the air

The Bluebells are in bloom

Handful of multi-legged creatures.

Skimmed some stones

Over the stile, I love the wabi-sabi of a well handled stile.
The thought of 100,s of peoples hands passing over many years gradually wearing down the once square wooden post into a rounded shinny finish.

Eventually we arrived at our destination, A long established badger set.
If your not familiar with the humble badger, it can loosely be described as natures food blender hence a poke around with a stick.

As the set grows larger, along with the stones the badgers neatly excavate all the old bottles, pottery, bones ect on our behalf.
We call here two or three times a year to see what the varmints have dug up.

Some of our hoard from the entrances of the burrows.

I would estimate the badgers are down to about 1940ish

From old kettles, scent bottles to figurines, after a 20min rummage this was our hoard of junk.

Our only treasure being this old clay pipe

smoothsailor View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smoothsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 11:31am
great day again Double O, I was going around with my boy and wife today and wanders what I could expect from you today 
dislectic
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 3:44pm
Thanks Double O. A great set of photos.
Boyo View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Boyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 5:20pm
The North shore of Long Island at Sunken Meadow State Park, just s few miles from home but I seldom visit.

a few locals stopped to say hi

whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 11:39am
Nice Boyo!

Today's jaunt... amateur fossil hunting combined with expert crustacean capturing.
An old abandoned tractor once used for pulling the crabbing boats into shore

Ruuuun!!!

Out of frame, poorly lit, the photography skills of a 6 year old?

A brace of limpets

Conners and a crab

Throwing our catch back at the end of the day...

Damn the seawater was cold.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 2:17am
Another day another adventure...

We started the day at Millsands which itself started life as a 12th century goit used to power the waterwheel and associated corn mills.
Later in the 18th century the goit powered the cutlers wheel and burgeoning steel industry.
Looking towards Lady's Bridge.

Off we went on our journey following the rivers through the old industrial heartland of the steel city.
If you follow this river back to the train station it becomes the huge culvert you will remember from the Megatron post.

We had to leave the towpath temporarily and passed this brothel, i mean massage parlour Wink
Yes indeed it does state "Please Use Rear Entrance"

Nothing like a stroll down the seldom used canal to broaden ones horizons to minority groups.

Having passed the long gone Vickers steelworks, Firth Browns, Osbourne & Balfour and Exchange Brewery ect.. We arrived at the site that was the old Marshall's steelworks which was established in the mid 1760,s it contained both cementation and crucible furnaces. (Early steelmakers were unable to achieve the high temperatures required to melt steel so cementation was a way of producing a crude steel known as blister steel by heating iron bars for several days in a chest packed with charcoal). The cone shaped furnaces became a common feature of the local landscape and still are in places. Marshall's steel was peerless and considered by metallurgists as the most beautiful steel in commerce.
The works was established not long after they had perfected the crucible process for cast steelmaking which was then used to further refine blister steel. Very few firms at this time had the capability to convert iron into steel and refine it into cast steel on the same premises.

On we go...

A Gray Squirrel skull, again i can only apologise for my kids hands, we do wash him down occasionally.

Along with the expected bit of tagging there are some lovely pieces of artwork dotting the river bank by Phlegm

...and then the bank holiday Monday rain started and it didn't stop.
indigo_eagle View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote indigo_eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 5:41am
Great pics as always, Double O.
And great artwork. Would that more mural 'art' were like that.
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 8:33pm

my jeans stopped by to take a look at S O L A R  I M P U L S E on it's stopover at TUL during my lunch break 

and then later on i went to the biggest high school, yes high school graduation i think i've ever encountered

this the Broken Arrow, OK class of 2016 ... there are something like 1400 students in the class . insane. 

i n s a ne 

CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 8:56pm
Bob,

Do you happen to know J.D. McPherson? He's from Broken Arrow. Before he got kinda famous he was a teacher at a school called Holland Hall. He got me a gig there playing for the kids one time when I was passing through.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 94>
  Share Topic