denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levis Vintage Clothing (LVC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 475>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote setterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 8:13am
Thanks!

Short horn shirt came in the mail today too.  Just tried it on.... it is NOT an XL.  It fits like a Large Tall.  Too narrow in the torso, and especially the upper arms.  But, is too long in the sleeves.  If I went to an XXL, the torso would be okay, but the sleeves would be down to my knuckles, and the hem to mid thigh.  

Not sure if I can return it since it was on sale.  If anyone here is interested, I'll let it go for what I paid ($61.25, shipping included, USA only).  Here's a picture of Hollows wearing that shirt.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/5924a96c21933c7a38d008bed07e06f6/tumblr_mgsfslSob01qe4ukco2_500.jpg 
I got a rocket in my pocket and roll in my jeans
Sansome2 View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sansome2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Dr_Heech Dr_Heech wrote:

Originally posted by Sansome2 Sansome2 wrote:

Originally posted by mr randal mr randal wrote:

Originally posted by Sansome2 Sansome2 wrote:

Mr. Randal, are you planning on adding those 1870 Duck pants to the Lvc analysis thread?
It doesn't look 1870's to me.

I havent looked closely yet- does it seem any different than the last two batches of "1870s" duck pants?

I think it is the same pant as they made before, I think I remember someone telling me that they were going to make this model again

Thanks, didn't want to spam up the Analysis thread

I don't think they made this one in duck before, only denim. These are not the same as the 1873 (2001) or the 1873 (2010), although they are similar to the (1901) five pocket version I posted earlier, from 2007.

Whatever.
Post-'61 rivets, wrongly placed watch pocket, wrongly placed patch, wrong patch, the joining of two-piece waistband is not off-set and the fact that it's three years before the original patent was granted...(sigh)
It's another 'interpretation', for want of a better word ..

Sansome2, can you tell me which other pieces were related to your actual finds (duck and denim triple-pleats aside)??

It looks like the shield shirt is the only thing that made it....LVC tried to make my 1873's 2x1 pant but they were shut down....I think LVC has to answer to the archives and the history that has been put out by the archives.
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 9:57am
^hey sansome2- we already have a Sansome, couldn't you pick a more original name?

Aren't the duck and gingham triple-pleat jackets sort of authentic Harris find repros? Sansome & Nonriveted found the 1870s triple-pleat that was reprod in denim last year, and the duck & gingham jackets are made from the same pattern, and Levi's did make jackets from those materials then. The gingham one is even made with material LVC had milled to match a Harris 1870s fabric piece.
At any rate, if the Harris's hadn't found that triple pleat we wouldn't be seeing these repros.

I was sorry the hat repro didn't get put into production.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 11:06am

Sansome2, can you tell me which other pieces were related to your actual finds (duck and denim triple-pleats aside)??

Randy, you need to read the small print, baby.

Sansome2, many thanks for the clarification. So they didn't reproduce an actual accurate garment, as found by you because it wouldn't fit into their 'twisted' version of historic archival garments.
You couldn't make it up ( - cue Red Chris' summary of Levis)

I think Sansome2 is much better than plain ol' Sansome btw.
Sansome2 View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sansome2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 11:11am
I apologise for the lack of originality-I wasn't feeling that original when I signed up....I apologise in advance- I smell a sansome3 coming on board by the end of the year. LVC did copy a period gingham fabric we have for the triple pleat they made and the duck jacket has the selvage line on the collar just like my original....Unfortunatley the selvage line duck Fabric that we make today is too wide, you would waste way too much fabric trying to put all the selvage lines that run across the front of our original duck triple pleat. I believe that duck fabric back in the day was 22 and 24 inches.

Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Shorty Long Shorty Long wrote:

That's a line LVC has given pretty much from the beginning. However, their continued adherence to this approach over the years is highly questionable.

On the site it says they are exact replicas of an actual archival piece (and 'painstakingly' recreated every element?) - would like to see the original next to these...

Even more questionable considering they baled on making an accurate repro of an actual historical find as it didn't fit in with their 'version' of their own history.
Sansome2 View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sansome2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 11:20am

Randy, you need to read the small print, baby.

Sansome2, many thanks for the clarification. So they didn't reproduce an actual accurate garment, as found by you because it wouldn't fit into their 'twisted' version of historic archival garments.
You couldn't make it up ( - cue Red Chris' summary of Levis)

I think Sansome2 is much better than plain ol' Sansome btw.

Heech just give it some time....These things will get worked out
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 11:57am

setterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote setterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 1:30pm
Correction, this shirt is a long horn, not a short horn. Please excuse the spotted mirror. Here's a fit picture I tried to put on instagram, but it's having issues right now.  Shirt is tagged XL, and that's what I normally wear in LVC and department store clothing.  This measures roughly 46" in the chest (2 to 2 1/2" smaller than what vendors are advertising online) so it's skin tight in the chest.  Sleeves  nearly come to my finger tips (I wear a size 36 sleeve in a dress shirt).  I don't know what the hell LVC was doing calling this an XL, when anyone else would call it a Large Tall.  Wonderful material though. 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
setterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote setterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 5:43pm
small glimpse at FW 2013.  i assume the checkered shirt is a rodeo shirt similar to the one mr randal was sporting at denimbruin.  

http://denimhunters.com/report/bbb-fw-13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 475>
  Share Topic