denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rising Sun goodies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 90>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rivet Head View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rivet Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 1:47pm
Nice score Lefty! Clap
www.rivet-head.blogspot.com
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 4:13pm
if anyone is particulary passionate about this jacket I have one that is not getting worn like it should and is availble. Fits size 40  pictures on page 43 as Lefty points out. PM me if interested.
John B
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 8:06am
Sold
John B
Americana Mark View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americana Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 11:55am
I own one piece by them

the blacksmith jeans in the wabash stripe fabric.

awesome pair of pants.
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 9:38pm
I stopped in to see Mike Hodis at Runabaout Goods a few days back. It was an eventful visit in more ways than one & we had to lock ourselves in at one point while the Police combed the neighborhood for an armed fugitive with helicopters buzzing over, the street taped off & the whole bit. I was invited to take a look around in the back room where amongst other things I found this one off garment which Mike described as a 'concept piece' inspired by old prison uniforms. I'm glad he was willing to sell it to me. Otherwise I might have wept openly. (I was not the armed fugitive btw.)

xallanx View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 1:32am
Looking good, CSL. Good to hear you're not doing any time behind bars. Does that coat have an inside pocket? I think I spot the stitching for one.
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 1:47am
Thanks, xallanx. Good spotting. It does have an inside pocket (that's where I keep my file)...
A_See View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A_See Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:12am
You pull it off well CSL. It's always cool when you can come up on a piece that speaks to you and happens to be the only one of it's kind.
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:16am
Thanks, A_See. It certainly was a pleasant surprise to find & acquire it.
Joseph Hill View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:08pm
More 'Springtime swell' than prison togs. Inside pocket and watch fob buttonhole aside, prison gear would be horizontal striping for 'no mistake' identification. It would go well with a straw boater maybe?
Some closer pictures would be welcome.
My one time in LA a couple years ago, I made my way to the fabric district. It must have been fifty different fabric shops. All with the exact same crap. Not even worth capitalizing the c, or using an exclamation point. Desperate to come away with something, I came across a place that had a bunch of blue and white striped denim like that. I kept hemming and hawing, and the price kept dropping. I wasn't trying to bargain, I just didn't know what to do with it. I finally bought a bunch for 3$ a yard because the guy was trying SO hard. It's actually kind of nice material with a good rustic quality to it. I envisioned doing a coat rather like that.
My coat has nine buttons, but I always fascinate.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 90>
  Share Topic