denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 217218219220221 308>
Author
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaskAleDrinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 3:47am
I have a pair of Levi's 501XX non-selvedge shrink to fit in a respectable 38W and embarrassing 30L and still am able to have small Steve McQueen cuffs which is how I like them.

Anyhow, bought these on eBay and the seller said that he bought these a few years ago just to gather dust in a cupboard. They have 7 belt loops, are made in Mexico and fly button has either 099. or 999. stamped on it, hard to read.

In a small tag there are for instance PC9-00501-0000 and PO- 4100266735 and AO8386 and 4996 and S40196.

I read somewhere that Levi's stopped doing 7 belt loops a few years ago, any idea from which year these jeans are from?

haler View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 8:49pm
Hey all.  Didn't really want to ask this in the Mister Freedom thread.  I have a pair of MF Lot 64 Okinawa Issue jeans, and they're getting rather worn.  I've done a number of very non-professional crotch repairs to extend the life of the jeans, but they won't last forever.  So I'm thinking ahead to what my next pair will be, and I'm looking for suggestions of very similar cuts to the Lot 64s by other manufacturers.  Any advice or experience would be appreciated.
roots in the desert.
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 7:01am
My eastman M442a is very squeaky/creaky when I move my arms etc. It may have always been like this but i'm noticing more recently. I've put some fiebings 4-way leather conditioner on it but it hasn't seemed to reduce it at all.  It's a few years old now, so it's not a new jacket to be worn in type squeak

Any products or tips to stop a leather jacket from creaking?

And no Maynard, i don't keep mice in the pockets.

Edited by Mr Black - 23 Feb 2017 at 7:16am
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
DarinS. View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarinS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 7:26am
Originally posted by SLAB2 SLAB2 wrote:

Any idea where i can buy some bro style inspired pins to attach on a denim jacket?

Odds and Sods, Dead Ringers both make pins that are pretty good quality and sort of California/denim culture inspired.

Also Outlined Cloth and Dead Ringers did this boot pin that's pretty cool and available on his site.

https://www.outlinedcloth.com/web-shop/boot-pin

Okay
Blood&Thunder View Drop Down

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blood&Thunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 8:11am
The best place I have found for pins is Etsy.  Typically very reasonably priced and there is a massive number to choose from.

Mr. Q View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 11:09am
Originally posted by DarinS. DarinS. wrote:

That boot pin is awesome!! I like the pins from Matt Darling (http://badvibes4lyfe.bigcartel.com/category/pins)

Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 2:55am
Does anyone know where I can get decent baseball-style t-shirts for a reasonable price? I'm talking about the plain 3/4 contrast sleeve ones. I used to get them in the early 90s - I think they were Fruit of the Loom, from Interstate or somewhere similar.

I'd prefer a UK or European retailer (shipping costs) but would consider US-based ones.
Helixing my inner beanie
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 3:07am
I used to wear them in the 90's too im wearing a heather grey/blue sleeves version in that b/w photo i posted in the 'post anything' thread.
I got them from a screen printer friend of mine, i will ask if he can still get them if you like? trade price was about £7 each back then but they will be made in Vietnam na'days i expect.
I used to like the ones with burgundy sleeves.
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 3:17am
Cheers 00, that'd be grand! I used to have the white body versions with red, navy and green sleeves (cue the medieval music...).
Helixing my inner beanie
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 4:05am
The brand Interstate used to sell was 'soffee' . Have some tucked away too but they must have shrunk over the years as they're quite tight now.

I mainly use them when I'm gardening/diy-ing/breaking something on my motorbike or scooter.

Edited by Mr Black - 24 Feb 2017 at 4:27am
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 217218219220221 308>
  Share Topic