denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warehouse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 42>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranonranonarat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 8:33am
thanks robbie, couldn't agree more... sad people don't do graphics like that anymore.
faithless, the wonderboy
ranonranonarat View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ranonranonarat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 10:12pm

mentioned a couple of days back that i picked up a duck digger shirt. i remember first seeing it in a copy of lightning magazine's denim work style and thought to myself "i want that!". might not be everyone's cup of tea but i knew i had to get it when i first saw it. turns out that i managed to find one in my size on sale (last piece) so that was cherry on top of the cake.

don't have too much experience with workshirts as i tend to try to control my spending when it comes to shirts and this is the first warehouse shirt i own. i have/had some other nice shirts from Buzz Rickson, K&TH, John Bull, Sugar Cane etc but i think this one is one of my favourites (not saying this because it's new) because the sleeves are the perfect length since some of the other shirts i won tend to have some really long sleeves. also love the detailing on these.

here is some minor chainstitch run-off which is not uncommon in workshirts but what i liked was the run-off on the left was on the front panel of the shirt (grey chambray) and the run-off on the right was at the back panel of the shirt (blue chambray), which tells a lot about how the shirt was sewed and constructed.

there you see the left pocket (which is not symmetrical to the right one in size and design). initially i thought all the stitching was tacked down (which actually doesn't make sense) but then i realised that they incorporated the stitching to allow for a pen which is brilliant.

love the double felled chainstitch on both sides, located on the underside of the placket of the shirt. contrast white stitching is a nice touch certainly.

here is my favourite part of the shirt. what you think looks like a normal collar...

actually reveals a hidden button down collar. very cool as i've never seen anything like this or recall anything that was made like this. the blank selvage was a really nice and subtle touch. definitely a very interesting piece because of this.

the normal underside of the shirt sleeve inseam.

a turnover reveals more double felled chainstitch inside. very nice.

sorry for the long review about a shirt which isn't exactly current but i haven't seen anything like this before and thought it would be interesting to share and also keep the warehouse thread more alive. first shirt from warehouse and definitely won't be the last. will love to see more of their shirts in future because i love the attention they put into their products. very easy to overlook but tells a million things when you see little details like that. will definitely be keeping an eye out for warehouse products in near future.

faithless, the wonderboy
ranonranonarat View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranonranonarat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 3:40pm
thank you for the kind words denimdart, glad you enjoyed it.
faithless, the wonderboy
fardin View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fardin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 9:33am
was larrys blog already posted here. i might just remind you guys of it. not to much infos on it though.
http://hellerscafe.blogspot.com/

Edited by fardin - 17 May 2012 at 9:34am
fardin1 View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fardin1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 1:22am
well you guys are very welcome, and for me you are the core of my denim universe , so its my pleasure and please keep me updated
you know for me 1880s sounds much better and i even love the jacket more now. the jacket reminds me of this lives archive pic,
http://www.levisvintageclothing.com/product_images/0.60192000%201317971012_levis_big1.jpg

the guy all the way on top right side is wearing the same fabric, just without the pleads, and there is a 1920s boss of the road jacket in the free easy 2010 number 10 issue, from hundred buyers. same fabric too. will scan the pic maybe till tomorrow

Joseph Hill View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joseph Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 6:47pm

Stopped by (just to get some books signed), no one was home.  Guess everything is hunky dory now anyway.

Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 1:18am

Warehouse Boss of the Road repros...6 years of wear.

fardin1 View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fardin1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 9:45am
love em !! and awesome pic, with some amazing stuff, from rising sun and mfsc to warehouse great
setterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote setterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 4:13pm
Couple pictures of my girlfriend and I dancing at the historic Rainbow Gardens at Waldameer Park in Erie PA a month or so ago.  You can't tell, but it was brutally hot and muggy (and that old hall doesn't even have fans, let alone AC) and by the end of the night everyone was soaked.  Photo quality isn't the greatest, but it's one of the few of me wearing my Warehouse #700s.  

By setterman at 2012-06-27

By setterman at 2012-06-27

I got a rocket in my pocket and roll in my jeans
Foxy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Foxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 9:20am
an update of my pair of Warehouse - Heller's Cafe Nonpareil HC-035
(excuse the soso quality and the muffin top...)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 42>
  Share Topic