denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post something here, anything at all

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161162163164165 282>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote illumin8em Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 9:37am
Originally posted by setterman setterman wrote:

Going to be inheriting my girlfriend's dad's woolrich hunting jacket from the 50s. Has spent a lot of time hanging in a basement and has a few little white mildew spots on the front (they brush off) and it smells. Thoughts on how to clean and deodorize? Dry cleaners too harsh? Also, it's a 48R, so the knits cuffs inside the sleeve stop about 2" short (need a 48L). Sacrilege to find a tailor to remove the knits? The sleeve length of the wool shell is fine.

Thanks.

Is this a wool mackinaw? I know a lot of people are scared to do it but I have had nothing but success over the years just soaking in a tub of cool water with some Bronners or you choice of mild soap, something you won't need to really work hard to rinse out, just gentle pressing with hands. The true destruction to the old wool stuff comes from heat and agitation. Then just lay flat to dry. I hear you on the sleeve problem, never found one that was long enough.
Neil View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 1:52pm
I have an extensive collection of animated gifs. Here's a few:

CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 2:29pm
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 1:54am
I want to be that old couple :)
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 2:10am
Well, just let both your gender personalities wear matching clothes. Alternatively ask Mrs B to join in!
Helixing my inner beanie
HP Sauce View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 5:17am
When I opened up the link, I was concerned there might be a lot of stomach-churning pastels.  Their colour choices look great, however, and I'm willing to bet quite a bit of the look is down to one of them being a "seamster." 

One thing's for sure: she knows how to rock the cropped trousers look. 

I've got my own cropped trousers sewing draft on repeat because it always looks fresh.  One of these days, when I have a nice block of time off from work, I'd like to stitch up a pair using some red denim I got a few years back. 

In my dreams, I'd possess a proper industrial Juki machine to get closer to the right look.

Hurray for sartorialist sweethearts!

HP Sauce
haler View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote haler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 4:01pm
Craigslist ad for 90 Levi's tags.  Seller says they are from the late 70s onward.  

Not my post, for the record.
roots in the desert.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 10:15am
Always fun to watch a sold out brand clutching at straws.
For many decades Barbour managed to stay small and sell to country folks who always had dosh to spend and was guaranteed repeat business when their old gear was fucked. Then they expanded and sold 'heritage' to fashionistas (you only get one pop at this) then passe dog walkers, and now what for the 'town and country' brand? hmm.. err..
Yup buy a £80 cordless screwdriver and get a £100 Barbour Liddesdale free of charge. Wonderful!

Marvel at the quality
Slimstraight View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slimstraight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 10:57am
Damn, that's horrid. Such a bummer, Barbour used to be great. The owner of North Sea Clothing has a super cool vintage Barbour collection. There's a better article somewhere i can't seem to fined but there's some of it here.

Denimetc View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Denimetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 7:42am
I have a Barbour Bedale jacket that is almost 20 years old and it is still top notch. I have re-waxed it once or twice.

I don't think Barbour had anything to do with that B&D embroidery. 
Too much Denim - too little time...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161162163164165 282>
  Share Topic