denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grooming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Serge Denime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 8:38am
Didn't know whether this should go in finds or grooming, remembered having read this article when I discovered this old one of my Dads whilst clearing out at my Mam's house. It's the same as the one Bond shaves with on Goldfingers plane.
I am using it but I'm still using the adjuster to find which number gives me the closest shave, albeit on the cheeks and neck only, having grown a beard for the first time in my life.
We still have a tobacconist shop here in Durham, quite rare now, which also stocks shaving supplies I bought replacent blades by Merkur and also some Proraso beard oil and their hot oil beard conditioner which I would recommend.

Happy Hooligan View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Hooligan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 9:04am
I have the same razor, an Adjustable Gillette.   I'm usually on #4 myself.   I love it.  I bought a case of blades 250 packs for like $50.00 and it lasts about 2 years.  It's a great razor.   
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 1:35pm
One method is to use an aggressive setting on the downward pass & milder settings on the sideways & upward passes.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 8:19am
We are all having a family cucumber peelable face mask evening.

There goes my rugged outdoorsman steeze Embarrassed
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 1:19am
I tend to get up early (5ish) i get ahead of the game, it buys me free time to do shit when the whim takes me and i can get home for an evening meal with the family.
After cleaning my teeth i have a swig of mouthwash and hastily leave the house, i usually spit the mouthwash out of the car window into the hedgerow en route before joining the main roadEmbarrassed
Due to the unseasonable cold spell this week everything has been iced over in the mornings including the car windows which have been frozen shut so i have kept the mouthwash swishing around my mouth until i reach work a good 40minuite journey away. The squeaky clean sensation of my teeth after a 40min swill is remarkably good and it lasts for hours but when i mentioned this to my Mrs she reckons im "damaging my gums" and the bottle claims i should only do it for 60seconds, i assumed this was just a serving suggestion? Do we have any denim-dentists, broogler's or general know it alls on board who can steer me right? I could just be experiencing a placebo effect? I need answers damn it, or in the very least some wild speculation?
Mainwaring View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mainwaring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 1:57am
The potency diminishes after the initial 'serving suggestion' period. Therefore, you could probably save the hedgerows and imbibe, it is important to rehydrate in the a.m.
massivebonanza View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote massivebonanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 2:05am
40 minutes is an awfully long time to have restrained from swallowing it. 
A bit like eating a donut without licking your lips I suppose.

I'd have gozzed it into the passenger footwell. The mouthwash that is, not the donut.

whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 2:41am
Originally posted by Mainwaring Mainwaring wrote:

it is important to rehydrate in the a.m.

Do you think i should be drinking it instead?

I could spit it out the window on the main road once the car has defrosted but at 60+mph blowbacks are a distinct possibility.
massivebonanza View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massivebonanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 2:49am
I suppose it's probably preferable to drinking methylated spirit. Some do mind it's said.
Though I suppose that'd equally work as a form of mouthwash.
Rivet Head View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rivet Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 5:43am
You'll be happy to know that Layrite is no longer owned by those guys....slap it on! 

Originally posted by mr randal mr randal wrote:

I liked Layrite until I discovered on Instagram that they are a bunch of Homophobic Long Beach douchebags.
 but to each their own.
www.rivet-head.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>
  Share Topic