Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

shoes that look better with age

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 168>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shredwin_206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 12:10pm
Damn! That's what I was scared of.
Thanks for the input.
-Edwin
Grant View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 7:31am
Added a pair of 40's OD laces to my old Iron Rangers for a different look. Now all I need is red ones to complete the holiday look!

johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 3:59pm
Lucchese Jonah Roper Boot (Italian suede calf)

John B
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Cobblers Cobblers wrote:

Originally posted by johnb johnb wrote:

Trickers Boot

A bit late to the party but are they Grasmere customs? Bloody lovely.

to be honest I bought these many years ago at Graham Fowler in NYC (Back then, he was the only stockist of Trickers in NYC). To my memory these were stock Grasmere's and the pebble grain leather was a popular choice for this model boot but more commonly found in black. Graham often does collaboration Trickers and his work is worth checking out at grahamfowler.com Note, the green Tricker's posted after where a special collaboration Graham did about four years ago before Trickers themselves got with the program and started expanding their color palet. I also have a beautiful pair of Grasmere's in Blue leather that I think I've shared on this forum. For me there is no better footwear than Trickers .
John B
SLAB2 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLAB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 2:39am
John, those Lucchese boots look great; do they fit TTS?
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 8:02am
tts fit but slim fitting not for wider than D foot, although there may be a custom build option through master dealers.
John B
robroy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 8:13am
lucchese will make you a pair of boots that will fit. I've called them up, and pretty much every heel, toe and width option is possible.
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:59am
Anyone got any top tips for fixing 'Motorcycle toe'?

The very top layer on the left shoe of these Trickers has been worn away by the rubber on the gear shift, leaving staining on the toe. It was a bit more prominent but a gentle wipe with some surgical spirit has taken them to the state they are now.

Can anything be done or is it something I'll have to just live with?

I've since replaced the rubber with a leather sleeve that should hopefully be a little kinder. I've also made myself a little 'shoe protector' which looks a bit ridiculous but does the trickThumbs Up

www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 5:07am
I think if you polish them regularly, that should act as a screen and prevent the wear/discolouration. Failing that, either avoid wearing them when riding your moped or dye/polish them to a darker colour where it won't be noticeable.

New jeans?
Helixing my inner beanie
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 5:15am
strangely even a light tan polish darkens just that area. perhaps i should try a colourless/neutral polish.

they've also got a scuff all along one side of the other shoe where I slipped on some diesel. It's a dangerous business I tells ya!

Nope- old jeans, or rather 'Not new' jeans
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 168>
  Share Topic