denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

shoes that look better with age

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 168>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 3:14pm
Beautiful boots! How old was the dude wearing them?
ranonranonarat View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ranonranonarat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 6:56pm
here's an old pair of tricker's brogues i've been wearing for a while for work-related purposes

Edited by ranonranonarat - 02 Feb 2012 at 6:56pm
faithless, the wonderboy
Rivet Head View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Rivet Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 10:02am
Just cleaned up my 2 y/o White's SD's and 2 1/2 y/o Red Wing IR's:

www.rivet-head.blogspot.com
erk View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote erk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 7:34pm
so, I have weird feet. the alden modified last is apparently the best option for my foot. Which I was able to try at molded shoe NYC in december of last year. I need some dress shoes ( I dont even own a black pair of leather shoes anymore...which is sad and stupid.) and I'm thinking about going that direction. but I digress.

When I was in Spokane about a year and a half ago, I was able to stop into White's and get sized for a pair of semi-dresses. they measured me out at 10.5C. they didn't have that size for me to try on, so they got a D width and put an insole in to demonstrate what a C width would fit like. This apparently should have worked on anyone with a normal sort of foot, but since I need more room in the toe area for my weirdness, I didn't know I was getting into a fit boondoggle that would take about a year from ordering the first pair of shoes to getting a pair I think will finally be right. I wont bore you with all the details of the boondoggle but it involved sending my 10.5Cs back to be "blocked out" cause they were hand lasted a little tight. Someone scratched them really bad and White's thought it would be a shame to repair it cause they were basically new. So they made me a new pair. this time they recommended I size up to 10.5D. That seemed ok at first, but they stretched out quite a bit and were uncomfortably loose. So we started talking rebuild on a custom 10.5C last with a D width toe.

I can't really believe how much White's helped me, and after all their hard work sorting me out, it actually ended up only costing me the shipping to Spokane from Greenville NC...and thats it. We originally talked about doing the rebuild for the cost of soles, but I received my boots with no invoice for the price of soles, and everyone I talked to on the phone said it was covered under warranty.
boot one:

boot two:

rebuild:

I used the opportunity to switch from the vibram 700 half sole to the leather sole.  When I visited the factory for a second time in sept. 2011 I was converted to a believer in their leather soled SDs( see picture below.). They're really very comfortable and I feel a lot more...nimble vs the vibrams. I highly recommend it.

So, my hat's off to White's. They're incredible and are supermen of the customer service realm and make a really damn fine boot.

Edited by erk - 08 Feb 2012 at 7:37pm
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 9:58am
Guys- can any of you help...

I really want a pair of the USMC service boots that WW11 impressions do.
http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/newusmccordovan.html

They're out of stock in my size and having contacted them, they need a further 100 or so orders before they're able to have another batch produced so realistically that ain't going to happen for a long long time.

Can you recommend any other sellers/makers of boots like this that are good quality yet affordable?
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
b_F View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote b_F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 11:46pm
try these. they are most likely the same boot and come cheaper if you consider shipping and taxes

http://doursoux.com/product.php?id_product=495
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 12:17am
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 12:18am
Shoes that look better with paint and stain^^
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 4:33am
Completely different boots
Ermm

Originally posted by b_F b_F wrote:

try these. they are most likely the same boot and come cheaper if you consider shipping and taxes

http://doursoux.com/product.php?id_product=495
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
b_F View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote b_F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 8:33am
oh yes..I oversaw the 'USMC' and just saw 'service shoes' and thought about the regular M43. sorry

and: why don't links work automatically?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 168>
  Share Topic