denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BRASS Tokyo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 33>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShootThePier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 6:52pm
Bobobears,
Are your pair that you are using for comparison to the manufacturers in AM's post from this current batch, or previous production?
I couldn't tell. It sounds like your pair may be three years old.
dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 9:20pm
My pair is only a year old and I agree with bobobears, Clinch are still the best pair of boots I have owned or seen in person. I will have a new pair of Role Clubs and new Clinch boots soon so at that point, I will post pics and make a video to give a very direct comparison, but honestly Clinch are the best made boots I have seen, including lace ups. I think maybe only White Kloud could be considered as good or better.

The stitching is absolutely impeccable. These are work boots made to dress shoe standards and with very sturdy leather.

The buckles do have issues though :P 
ShootThePier View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShootThePier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 12:51am
I almost jumped on this last round, but was torn between these and Role Club. I want one pair in black HH, and I can't decide which.
Looking forward to the video.
apap View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote apap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 1:40pm

Received these a couple days ago from Pancho and Lefty.  Clinch hand-dyed black horse butt engineer boots on the CN last.  I had been looking to order Clinch engineers some time this year when these came up for sale.  Black horsehide, CN last, half-soles, curved heel, 11” height; all what I was wanting and no waiting.  Pictured here, they are nearly fresh out of the box.  I’m thrilled with the quality.  I know the feeling of researching something for months, comparing across other manufacturers and products, finally committing to buy, then waiting for delivery, only to be let down when it finally arrives.  Fortunately, no regrets here.   They’re unquestionably the finest boots I’ve ever seen in person.  Thanks to Double O Soul’s sizing advice, the fit is great.  Our feet measure very similarly, and I ordered a size 10 Clinch (9 US), same as he.  Looking forward to breaking them in and watching what I believe will be improvement with wear. 

IMG_8956 by ap ap, on Flickr

IMG_8957 by ap ap, on Flickr

IMG_8958 by ap ap, on Flickr

IMG_8959 by ap ap, on Flickr

IMG_8960 by ap ap, on Flickr

IMG_8962 by ap ap, on Flickr

IMG_8964 by ap ap, on Flickr

whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 1:45pm
absolutely stunning. I did not know that the hh was available in 11in height. When I ordered mine, I was told they only came in 9in height. Also, I thought that the hh was not hand dyed/painted. I believe that is only the latigo.
Blood&Thunder View Drop Down

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blood&Thunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 1:48pm
Beautiful boots Apap.  For comparison sake what size do you wear in other boots?  I have heard the CN last is super narrow so just wondering if you sized up a lot for these or if you typically wear a US 9.  Thanks in advance.
apap View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote apap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 1:56pm

The price looks heart attack inducing, but with VAT subtracted and a discount code, they came to about $1250 shipped.  Still twice what I've paid for any other boots.  

I wear an 8.5 US in most boots.  I measure 8.5D/E on a brannock device.  

whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 2:05pm
I ordered direct from Clinch and my price was far lower than that $2k
Americana Mark View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americana Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 6:32pm
just to show what I am talking about from my earlier post. 

Is this supposed to be intentional?
ShootThePier View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShootThePier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 7:54pm
While those flaws are completely superficial, they are too much to allow my eyes to see how good or bad the stitching might be.
In fact, if I saw that, I'd be left looking for all the other flaws. Even with a replacement, I'd be paranoid. I'm sure some customers would be willing to ignore small problems at inconsequential areas, but I'm willing to spend this kind of money so I don't have to worry about stuff like that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 33>
  Share Topic