denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Observations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 23>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 6:13am
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

This observation might simply turn into a rant so bear with me...

When i was a kid dogs used to roam around your neighbourhood especially when a local bitch was in season some even became part of your gang therefor you had to dodge the dog shit on the pavements or end up scraping it off your soles with a lolly stick. Over the past three decades with efforts to clean up the streets dogs don't roam anymore and pet owners have become more considerate and bag dog mess.

Here goes the observation/rant...

I live in a semi rural area therefore off the beaten track there is shit everywhere from livestock but dog walkers will walk a trail and they are conscientious enough to bag their poo even though there is nobody around to see them but they get back to the end of the trail and they have nowhere to dispose of it so they will just leave it on top of a drystone wall or hung on a stile... Who the fuck do they think is going to take it home? it could be there for months. If they would have just left the shit on the trail the rain would wash it away within a few days.  They obviously have the best intentions that's why they pick it up in the first place.
Is it ignorance or blatant stupidity?
The Peak District is now dotted with plastic bags full of dog shit that will take 100x longer to degrade.

This has come to the forefront of my mind because last weekend i was riding through the trees on single track going too fast to make evasive maneuvers and was hit in the face by a bag of putrid liquified shit that somebody had the decency to pick up from the trail but then decided to throw it into the trees...

Edit- It was hanging from a branch not thrown in my face.

Double O - I think that people intend to pick up the crap, but forget (after wheezing up and down hills). My wife and I hike and camp often with our dogs and we just make sure that dog crap is knocked off trails with a stick and we don't let them leave bombs near water, or in dry streams. I don't know what kind of asshole you have to be to leave it at face height hanging from a branch.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 6:23am
I don't think it was intentionally hung on that branch... Its tightly packed trees with single track weaving through running parallel to a trail, Im assuming Some cock had the good intention of bagging the poop but then could not be bothered to carry it home so slung it into the trees, out of sight out of mind if you will. It could have been hanging there for weeks before my unfortunate incident.
hollows View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hollows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 6:34am
I'm currently reading a book called Black Swan Green and the novel is starting to merge with Double 0's life. 
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 9:41am
well, this is nice (OO's dogshit facepack aside) - I've never liked to think too hard about the politics of people on here, so it's good to see that you're mainly righteous. Cool
Sardine View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

I don't think it was intentionally hung on that branch... Its tightly packed trees with single track weaving through running parallel to a trail, Im assuming Some cock had the good intention of bagging the poop but then could not be bothered to carry it home so slung it into the trees, out of sight out of mind if you will. It could have been hanging there for weeks before my unfortunate incident.
It's nice of you to give them the benefit of the doubt, but you're still an asshole if you pitch a bag of crap up into a tree, or a teenager, but I don't think teenagers would actually bag the crap
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 12:23pm
Accepted^
Its not the kind of place you see teens very often, Sufficiently remote so most folks come by car and you do see the bags of poop at the start of the trails where cars can pull in from the road so in all probability it will be people who drive from nearby city's and ramble the Peak District occasionally in fine weather like we have been blessed with recently they will be used to picking up their dogs poop in public parks and disposing of it in the dog waste bins provided. But when they get out to the countryside and don't find the bin they probably panic and enter a state of confusion leaving the shit on wall before driving home. If the 1hr drive is worthwhile for the scenery why fuck it up?
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 1:03pm
It's probably just another 'drive-by shitting' from those meddling city folk. Why can't they just let us be?!
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 1:46pm
Maybe a Well Dressing will deter them? Failing that a Wicker Man.
tg76 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 5:49pm
reminds me of a couple of years ago when the forestry douches cleared the pines around our local MTB park and one of them took a dump in the middle of a track, right on the ride line, my brother was the unfortunate one to discover it on a rainy day after it got sprayed all up his back too late
people are awesome
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 5:00pm
I could afford the things I really want to buy if I didn't automatically use all the money I have budgeted for non-discretionary purchases on stupid crap.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 23>
  Share Topic