denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sneakers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 85>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ishmael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 5:35pm
These?

http://www.dapperguide.com/2015/02/22/jack-purcell-signature-with-nike-zoom-air/

Never tried them, but I wish more makers were pursuing such traditional styling x contemporary tech avenues.
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 6:21pm
Yes ! I agree , I feel like these respect the initial design while improving upon it with better technology .

Cinch View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 8:34pm
I saw them today and was very impressed. I will be buying a pair. I've owned JP's since the 90's and these are the best construction and materials I've seen.
Ishmael View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ishmael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 8:41pm
On a different note, I've often had trouble with the lack of support from traditional sneakers in the past, but I've found the Lofgren sneakers to offer adequate support.
Ishmael View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ishmael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 9:09pm
Superfluous View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superfluous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 2:25am
Originally posted by Ishmael Ishmael wrote:

Wild.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/mavazi/moonstar_002/

Thats a cross between a sneaker and a Sorel boot.
TavisFrowny View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TavisFrowny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 6:08am
Hey guys.  Curious, what's the difference between the 70s Chuck Taylors and the regular ones?  My dog barfed on my black chucks and I need to replace them.  Thanks!!!
Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 8:23am
I've had a pair of the black 70's chucks for probably over a year now and they're holding up fairly well.
Not the most comfortable shoe, but one of my most worn. They've been beaten up pretty well at this point and no major signs of damage. Aside from a bit tearing at the sole.
If John Lofgren would make a black pair of high tops like the recent Champion sneakers I would be all over a pair.
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 8:33am
IMO the 70's cons are a (relative) world apart from the standard.

The canvas is much thicker and more hard wearing. The soles also are thicker and seem to last longer. Insole is much more cushioned. The toecap is smaller and the foxing goes much higher up the side of the show. The rubber used in the toe and foxing also seems much thicker and has a different composition.

If your a cons man, I'd definitely give them a go. They certainly last longer than the standard.

I've been through one pair which I unfortunately got semi-covered in motorbike oil so they've been resigned to gardening duties but still lots of wear left in 'em, & Got 2 other pairs on the go and 4 more tucked away in my wardrobe for the future.

Edited by Mr Black - 28 Apr 2015 at 8:54am
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
TavisFrowny View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TavisFrowny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 8:35am
Thanks Mr. Black!  Great info and exactly what I was looking for!  I think I will pull the trigger. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 85>
  Share Topic